Food item images
I have all the missing or incorrect images ready to upload, but lack the permissions to do so. (Cooked porkchop is wrong.) I'd be glad to do it, but anyone else could, if you feel like it. Just swipe the grid images from the official MC wiki... -- Lexmechanic 20:50, 7 June 2012 (CEST)
This machine definitely isn't free, I did have to put a battery in it to get it running. If someone knowledgeable comes along before I make my way to the Nether for glowstone dust, please update its energy requirement.
-- SubIgnition (talk) 07:11, 24 October 2011 (CEST)
- I changed the "0" to a "?". --Trifler 07:56, 24 October 2011 (CEST)
Made some experiments with one.
- Filling one number of tin cans takes constant amount of EU(68), regardless of used food.
- The same about filling one fuel can, but this takes much more EU(I got the amount of 589).
- Looks like minimum is 1 EU/t. Not completely sure, through.
Canned Food and Minecraft Beta 1.8+
Since Beta 1.8 added the hunger system, all foods (with the exception of Golden Apples and Milk) can now be stacked to 64. What, if any, changes to the article are appropriate considering this change?
-- SubIgnition (talk) 16:22, 22 October 2011 (CEST)
well i personally think the canning machine still has use as a common food that is made from all food types. a example is you have 3 pork ,7 chicken and 4 melon pieces. these take up 3 inventory slots but can be compresses to use 1 inventory slot instead of 3. zulu_217
- I don't think another mod automating that is relevant, at all. But apparently what was not mentioned in the article is that IC² canned food still directly restores health, rather than hunger. Though this behavior is inconsistent, it does, in its current state, provide a good reason for the machine's existence, so I am going to make a note of this on the page.
- -- SubIgnition (talk) 15:20, 23 October 2011 (CEST)
- tin cans now restore the hunger bar, corrected in the wiki.--Temdur XXIV 22:21, 18 April 2012 (CEST)
I've wasted so much gold. The canning machine can't be upgraded with a transformer upgrade.