This item no longer has an output slot for full batteries. --Altaree 19:50, 16 September 2011 (CEST)
- can this be confirmed by someone else to be sure? --Zulu 217 11:01, 1 November 2011 (CET)
- Confirmed, no output slot. --TheTanker423 11:07, 1 March 2012 (PST)
I'm using multiple windmills on a single tin wire, building above level 127 - it appears this can occasionally result in voltage values above 4 EV/t, burning out tin wires under high loads. I would guess that going above level 128 requires glass fiber cables. Can anyone confirm this result? --TravisTgr 23:07, 9 April 2012 (CEST)
Laggy or not
I just build a small wind farm at height 250, with tons of obstructions, so they dont break, and the moment I started using generated energy, game started lagging kinda bad. It might not have anything to do with these wind mills, as I play on kinda laggy server, but it made me realize. How often do wind mills detect obstructions, and how "laggy" does that make them? They have to detect obstructions in quite large area, so is it possible to make server very laggy just by building 16 wind mills, each having over 100 obstructions? And if not, do obstructions increase computing requirements for wind mills?
Technical Details (Client v1.95 | MC1.2.5)
Wasn't sure whether to add this to the page or not, so decided to put it here.
Coryf88 17:51, 10 May 2012 (CEST)
- No, that was fantastic. Good work. Luingar 04:05, 11 May 2012 (CEST)
Anyone can prove that ? It seems to be a joke I guess ...
If the power is higher than 5, there is a 0% to 0.1292% chance (chance based on power) to change the windmill to a generator and drop 0 to 4 batpacks.
- What exactly are you trying to point out in that? The 0 to 4 batpacks? That's a mistake on my part, it's 0 to 4 iron ingots, I've corrected it on the page. Coryf88 10:36, 11 May 2012 (CEST)
Okay lol. That was it.
The windmills have stopped working for me. Even if theres a single windmill on a cable pole in the air. They dont charge the batteries I put in their slot. Ive got this bug after a game/mod crash. Trepach 21:01, 25 May 2012 (CEST)
- I've found this bug too. Seems to appear only at layer 255, no ?
- My 10 blocks cable, supporting the generator is on the ground. Dunno about the altitude, its far from the clouds. Trepach 21:01, 25 May 2012 (CEST)
- Are you sure they did not break, they tend to do that often at that height. RaiderZulu 17:08, 17 August 2012 (EST)
It seems that some "extra large" windmills can be made by placing multiple windmills at extreme altitudes. Each block reduces the effective elevation, until the cluster can operate without breaking. Has anyone figured out good design layouts yet?
Is the max safety distance of 80 based on an old build? Running the calculations listed lower down, I am getting a maximum safe height of 149, well over the max default height of the world. Another mutant 11:34, 21 June 2012 (UTC)